First timer

Dieser Bereich ist für Fragen zum Hexacon, Verabredungen zu Spielen, Veranstaltung von Turnieren, Tourismus und Informationen.
Der Hexacon XXXI findet vom 22. bis 28. Mai 2017 in Braunfels statt.
David Brown

First timer

Beitrag von David Brown »

Es tut mir leid, dass ich nicht auf Deutsch schreiben kann

Hi, this is my first visit to this event and my first to a dedicated wargame convention.

I am trying to find games and opponents before I arrive so that I can familiarise myself with the rules and game play (if necessary, and if it sounds like a good game, I will buy the game if I do not already own it).

I will be there all week, although I may take a day off from gaming to explore Braunfels and the surrounding countryside.

I am open to ideas but ideally would like to try a large multi-player game, or a game that can be played multi-player, however I will be happy to play most two player wargames.

One game I have in mind is 7 Ages

I am from England and have been to Germany several times but I am sorry I have not learn enough German to have a conversation in German (sorry), so please forgive me.

Regards and look forward to Hexacon XXX1
Bruno Piqueur

Re: First timer

Beitrag von Bruno Piqueur »

Hi David,

A friend and I (both from Belgium) will attend the convention from thursday till sunday.
We could play some 3-player (or more if there are more candidates) game on one or more of those days.

Cheers,

Bruno Piqueur
David Brown

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the response.

It it is difficult to arrange a game for the Thursday or Friday so far from the event as I will be there from Monday onwards and I may get involved in a game that is still going on the Thursday.

If I get details as to what I may be involved in earlier i the week that will allow be to try and arrange something later in the week.

As I thought, have you played GMTS Triumph and Tragedy?

Regards

David
Henry Bradley

Beitrag von Henry Bradley »

Dear David,

I am an expatriate Brit (living in Bern, Switzerland) with a few Braunfels sessions under my belt. I am looking for 2 to 4 volunteers to play Holy Roman Empire on Friday 26th May.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/173 ... -years-war

Would welcome you and those that responded to your post to the game if you are interested.

Henry (Bradley)
David Brown

Hi Henry,

Thanks regarding the Holy Roman Empire game - can I give this some thought as I believe it is quite a complex game and has some rules issues. Have you played it previously?

Can I ask when are you arriving at Braunfels and where are you staying. I'm not thinking of stalking you, just out of interest.

I'm expecting to arrive Sunday and will be staying at the Schlos Hotel
Henry Bradley

Beitrag von Henry Bradley »

Hi David,

Played the original HRE several years ago and enjoyed it tremendously. There were some rules issues but the current set seem to have ironed out most of the problems. Its major fault I suppose is that is not a good simulation of the 30 Years War but I found it a fun multiplayer game.

I arrive on Tuesday afternoon and am staying at the Parkhotel Fürstenhof. I am sure we will meet up during the Con even if you do not take part in HRE.

Henry